Session Type – Enrichment
PFA Area – Health
1. To teach students sustainable ways to keep fit and engage with their community.
2. To inform students’ future timetables through exposure to a range of fitness activities, hobbies and local facilities.
3. To establish cross-curricular links with the Travel Training and Self Care courses.
4. Safeguard students’ future well-being by creating sustainable connections with their local community.
5. To address key EHCP outcomes, particularly around ‘Health’ and ‘Community Inclusion.’
6. To focus on independence and transferable skills applicable to fitness and community engagement.
1. Sessions will take place out in the community at local sport, fitness, and wellbeing facilities.
2. Introduce students to a wide variety of fitness activities, hobbies and facilities.
3. Encourage active participation and hands-on experiences.
4. Incorporation of Travel Training skills for traveling to and from fitness facilities.
5. Apply transferable skills learnt in Self Care sessions when washing, dressing and undressing before and after fitness sessions.
6. Provide guidance on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle and balanced nutrition.
1. Students are regularly engaged in fitness practices which can be sustained after college.
2. Students have meaningful connections with people/facilities in their local community, creating safeguarding networks outside of college.
3. Students’ future timetables are informed and personalised through exposure to a range of fitness activities, hobbies and facilities.
4. Strengthened independence and confidence in navigating the local community through Travel Training integration.
5. Improved self-care skills related to fitness activities, integrated with the Self Care courses.
6. EHCP outcomes are achieved, particularly ‘Health’ and ‘Community Inclusion’ as a direct result of Fitness sessions.
Session Type – Enrichment
PFA Area – Friendships & Relationships
1. To empower students to make informed decisions about how they want to spend their time outside of college.
2. To provide students with a range of experiences through expressive arts to enhance their creativity, self-expression and personal growth.
3. To foster the development of communication and social skills through artistic exploration.
4. To provide students with opportunities to explore potential career pathways through work experience in technical support and stage crew roles.
1. We offer the following learning opportunities:
Music, drama, dance, and art lessons that cater to individual needs and abilities.
2. We adopt an accessible approach to the arts:
Create tailored instructions and sensory integration to accommodate diverse learning styles and sensory processing needs.
3. Collaboration and community integration:
Group activities and community engagement opportunities encourage teamwork, cooperation and community inclusion.
4. Communication and social skills development:
Utilise Expressive Arts as a tool to enhance communication, emotional expression, self-regulation and social interaction.
5. Create fun and engaging sessions:
An emphasis on creating enjoyable and stimulating activities through a multi-sensory approach.
PFA Areas and EHCP Outcomes:
1. Learning, Education, and Employment:
• Work experience opportunities in technical support and stage crew roles provide practical skills and exposure to potential career pathways.
• Integration of engaging and accessible technology enhances students’ skills and interests, preparing them for future learning and employment opportunities.
• Expressive arts activities serve as a therapeutic outlet, supporting emotional well-being and self-expression.
• Dance and movement activities contribute to physical fitness and overall health.
• Personal growth through artistic exploration promotes self-expression, confidence and decision-making skills.
4. Developing Friendships & Relationships in the Community:
• Collaborative projects and community engagement opportunities encourage social interaction, teamwork, and the development of meaningful relationships.
5. Students have a platform to express their thoughts and emotions.
6. Continuous evaluation provides ongoing development of the course content and delivery.
7. Students make informed decisions about their future timetables.
8. Students are increasingly well safeguarded by having established sustainable support networks beyond college through arts based activities and clubs.