A Word From The Head 26.11.21
Dear parents and carers,
I hope you had a nice half-term break.
Students had a wonderful week back to college. Students seemed very happy to be back and adapted to their new routine at Phoenix College. It was a busy first week with many learning opportunities for all students. Please see some of them below.
In this half term all of the students at Phoenix College have been learning new ICT skills in their Digital World lessons. This week P2 have been practicing their typing skills. We have seen the students make excellent progress with their reading and writing. We have been focusing on key literacy skills like using a capital letter and a full stop. Most students taking part can now also login to the laptops independently, which is great to see. Well done to all of the students, and all of the staff working hard to support them. Excellent work!
Jimmy Manning (he/him)
During Politics and Culture this week, students from all three classes were learning about Law and Order.
We were lucky enough to be visited by PC Josh and PC Alice. They our two local Police Officers who came in to tell students about the work that they do in the local community.
The students really enjoyed the presentation and came up with some fantastic questions in the Q&A session:
Questions for PC Josh and PC Alice
• How to collect footprints, fingerprints, blood samples?
• How to remember clues?
• How do they investigate crimes?
• Who is carrying a gun and who isn’t?
• Do you have to be a good driver to be a police officer?
• How does the handcuff work?
• Did you put any person in jail (prison)?
• Is there lunch in jail? How’s the food there?
• What time of the day they work? What are the working hours of a police officer?
• Can police dogs bite people?
• How does the bulletproof vest work?
• How do they receive a call? How does the radio work?